The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research (MJFF) was founded in 2000 with one clear objective: accelerating meaningful therapeutic advances and, ultimately, a cure for Parkinson’s disease (PD). The Foundation applies extraordinary scientific, business and media assets to this singular focus—thus creating a unique and dynamic organization. Since inception, MJFF has quickly grown into the largest global funder of Parkinson’s disease research outside the U. S. federal government, having funded over $1 billion in research projects in both academic and industry labs worldwide.
We believe that to find a cure for PD as quickly as possible, our capital needs to push research forward today—we therefore deliberately have no endowment. We instead start our fundraising from zero each year and seek to deploy funds raised as quickly and wisely as possible.
The Associate Director, Marketing Analytics, will report to the Director, Marketing Technology & Analytics, and be responsible for managing end-to-end reporting, vendor relationships and analytics platforms supporting broad marketing efforts and efficacy in driving programmatic and fundraising results. This role will work closely with the Research Cohorts/Partnerships, Brand Marketing, Public Policy and other department teams to provide business intelligence support and advance the foundation’s ability to execute data-driven marketing campaigns through continuously improving understanding of audience behavior and response. Additionally, the AD will take ownership of the data pipeline and be responsible for managing the integration between the BI systems and Salesforce and implementing data process improvements across marketing and Foundation stakeholder teams.
- Partner in real-time with the Marketing team to identify and scale channel strategies by scoping and analyzing channel/campaign performance, audience behavior and funnel reports
- Partner with the Foundation’s Research Cohorts/Partnerships team to 1) develop and maintain detailed reports integrating channel, audience and engagement insights focused on research participant recruitment and retention, and 2) develop iterative testing framework to optimize Marketing-led efforts in support of research participant recruitment and retention
- Partner with colleagues across the Marketing team to advance shared initiatives related to email automation, UX testing and attribution modeling
- Develop and maintain ETL processes on Domo and AWS to produce detailed dashboards, reports and analyses in response to business questions from multiple stakeholder groups
- Work cross functionally with stakeholders to gather requirements, develop KPIs and manage timelines. Translate KPIs into technical requirements and partner with technical teams to drive implementation and testing
- Own the full data pipeline to ensure data quality and integrity, and work with internal teams to automate diagnosis and fixing of data errors
- Manage relevant agency and vendor relationships, organizational licenses and budget (Domo, Adobe Analytics, various consultants)
- Support occasional business and marketing analysis for senior leadership and Board reviews
- 5 years professional experience in related field (e.g., Data Science, Analytics, Business Intelligence, Consulting) with measurable success and achievement
- B.S. or M.S. degree in related field (e.g., Statistics, Analytics, Economics, Marketing)
- Experience with BI tools such as Domo (preferred), Tableau or Power BI
- Fluent in Excel, SQL; proficiency in R and other scripting languages (e.g., Python), a plus.
- Experience with data integrations and ETL processing related projects
- Working knowledge of Salesforce and/or other CRM tool
- Working knowledge of web analytics tools such as Adobe Analytics (preferred) or Google Analytics
- Experience in growth analytics, including attribution and funnel analysis
Proven commitment to data hygiene, project management and customer service
- Working knowledge of human-centered design and empathy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to explain complex topics to both experts and novices
- Strong organizational skills; keen multi-tasker able to support diverse teams
Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit resume and cover letter. Applicants who best match the position needs will be contacted. Submissions without cover letters will not be considered.
The Michael J Fox Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.