The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research (MJFF) was founded in 2000 with one clear objective: accelerating meaningful therapeutic advances and, ultimately, a cure for Parkinson’s disease (PD). The Foundation applies extraordinary scientific, business and media assets to this singular focus—thus creating a unique and dynamic organization. Since inception, MJFF has quickly grown into the largest global funder of Parkinson’s disease research outside the U. S. federal government, having funded over $800 million in research projects in both academic and industry labs worldwide.
Core to our philosophy is how we think of our capital and its risk profile relative to other stakeholders in the drug development pipeline. We work aggressively to de-risk various therapeutic strategies and tools in the hopes of building a robust pipeline of new treatments for patients. In order to achieve our mission of finding a cure for PD it is critical that we engage with, and bring together, members of the PD community including researchers, physicians, health professionals and most important, people with Parkinson's and their families. We believe that raising the Foundation’s profile with a broader audience will help us more efficiently reach and mobilize highly engaged stakeholders who are more likely to feel personally vested in helping speed progress toward a cure.
We believe that to find a cure for PD as quickly as possible, our capital needs to push research forward today — we therefore deliberately have no endowment. We instead start our fundraising from zero each year and seek to deploy funds raised as quickly and wisely as possible. MJFF raises over $90 million annually. Today, the Foundation has approximately 140 full-time employees who are based in New York City.
MJFF is seeking a marketing automation specialist to optimize MJFF’s CRM configuration to support marketing objectives, manage the deployment of Foundation email marketing campaigns, construct automated email series, and create reports and analysis on campaign results. Reporting to the Director, Marketing Operations & Analytics, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the ability to analyze current platform configurations and databases, plan and propose improvements to data structure and data gathering, all while collaborating with internal stakeholders to effectively plan, test, and report on marketing campaigns designed to support the goals of those stakeholders.
- Collaborate with Foundation stakeholders to maintain workflows, design value-add solutions, and build integrations within Salesforce CRM
- Sustain a clean database and maintain segmentation models
- Leverage integrations and data flows within Salesforce, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Adobe Analytics and the Foundation’s website to help the Marketing team create smarter campaigns
- With input from stakeholders, develop and manage a lead scoring program
- Display keen knowledge of marketing automation innovation and trends Marketing Cloud, Salesforce, Adobe Analytics and the Foundation’s website
- Coordinate and launch marketing campaigns focused on retention, engagement and activation of existing constituents
- Build lists and reports within Salesforce and Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Work collaboratively with Marketing, Communications and various stakeholder departments to schedule and implement quarterly email programs
- Consistently A/B test and tweak campaigns based on results, while championing/building automated journeys
Analysis & Reporting
- Establish campaign metrics with input from stakeholders
- Track campaign KPIs and test results to enable meaningful reporting
- Leverage data to champion the value of iterative improvements
- 3-5 years hands-on experience with major CRM and/or marketing automation platforms such as Salesforce is a must
- High comfort level with Salesforce Marketing Cloud and website analytics platforms a plus
- Familiarity with SQL a must
- Experience with BI platforms such as DOMO or Tableau a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- High level of comfort with technology and the ability to learn quickly
- Strong sense of collaboration across the organization
- Self-starting, proactive, resourceful approach to work
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to juggle multiple responsibilities with positivity and agility
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Prior non-profit experience a plus
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter describing their specific qualifications and interest in the position. Submissions without cover letters will not be considered. Please, no telephone inquiries and do not contact our staff directly. Only applicants who best match the position needs will be contacted.
The Michael J. Fox Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.