Video Production Intern
The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research (MJFF) was founded in 2000 with a single defined objective: accelerating meaningful therapeutic advances and, ultimately, a cure for Parkinson’s disease (PD). The Foundation provides a distinctive combination of scientific, business, and media assets to this core focus. This triple-pronged, singularly-defined strategy towards disease research enables a dynamic, motivated, and young organization. MJFF has quickly grown into the largest global funder of Parkinson’s disease research outside of the federal government and has funded over $750million in research projects across academic and industry labs worldwide.
MJFF raises over $90 million annually. We deliberately have no endowment or reserve because we believe that our capital needs to be invested today to find a cure for PD as quickly as possible. We start our fundraising from zero each year and deploy funds raised as quickly as possible, in a strategic, targeted, and vetted manner. The Foundation has approximately 135 full-time employees who are based in New York City.
The MJFF internship program provides a hands-on experience in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial nonprofit organization. MJFF has an exciting learning opportunity available as a Video Production Intern. This is a chance to work within a world-class, high-profile nonprofit organization and to witness close-up the video communications operations that are integral to achieving MJFF’s goals. This internship includes opportunities to participate in numerous video production activities from concept to completion. This internship will begin immediately and will be 2 days a week. All interns are paid $15 stipend per day. Our general business hours are 9am to 5pm.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Assist with pre- and post- video productions.
• Catalog footage from various productions and continue to organize it for easy access.
• Reformat footage if needed.
• Organize the Foundation video archive that lives in a vast and unusable variety of formats in a couple of file cabinets. Dust and sort these chronologically, as well as by type (i.e. MJFF media coverage, internal video of Foundation events including Funny Thing, gala/flagship videos, Michael interviews, etc.)
• Research and assist with the testing of new video technology and how it can be used to tell the Foundation story.
Qualifications of an Ideal Candidate:
• Must be pro-active, self-directed, detail-oriented and organized.
• Must possess strong inter-personal skills and excellent phone skills.
• Must possess capacity to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
• Microsoft Office Excel and PowerPoint, required.
• Working knowledge of how to use Adobe Premiere Pro or Final Cut, YouTube, and Vimeo
• Comfort in rapidly evolving social media landscape
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter describing your specific qualifications and interest to Applicants who best match the position description will be contacted. Submissions without cover letters will not be considered.
The Michael J. Fox Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
If you are interested in joining MJFF as a volunteer please send your resume and cover letter to:
Office Manager and Human Resources
The Michael J. Fox Foundation
Grand Central Station
P.O. Box 4777
New York, NY 10163-4777
Computer literacy and a minimum commitment of eight hours per month are required.