Senior Analyst, Marketing
The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research (MJFF) was founded in 2000 with one clear objective: accelerating meaningful therapeutic advances and, ultimately, a cure for Parkinson’s disease (PD). The Foundation applies extraordinary scientific, business and media assets to this singular focus—thus creating a unique and dynamic organization. Since inception, MJFF has quickly grown into the largest global funder of Parkinson’s disease research outside the U. S. federal government, having funded over $750 million in research projects in both academic and industry labs worldwide.
Core to our philosophy is how we think of our capital and its risk profile relative to other stakeholders in the drug development pipeline. We work aggressively to de-risk various therapeutic strategies and tools in the hopes of building a robust pipeline of new treatments for patients. In order to achieve our mission of finding a cure for PD it is critical that we engage with, and bring together, members of the PD community including researchers, physicians, health professionals and most important, people with Parkinson's and their families. We believe that raising the Foundation’s profile with a broader audience will help us more efficiently reach and mobilize highly engaged stakeholders who are more likely to feel personally vested in helping speed progress toward a cure.
We believe that to find a cure for PD as quickly as possible, our capital needs to push research forward today—we therefore deliberately have no endowment. We instead start our fundraising from zero each year and seek to deploy funds raised as quickly and wisely as possible. MJFF raises over $90 million annually. Today, the Foundation has approximately 135 full-time employees who are based in New York City. This is an onsite position and is not conducive to telecommuting.
As an analyst on the Marketing & Digital Strategies team, you will be integral in building marketing analytics. By working closely across Marketing and Communications teams, you will provide data-driven insights to enrich real-time decision making and better understand the intricacies of the Foundation’s constituents. We are actively seeking someone with a strong quantitative background, sharp marketing acumen as well as exceptional communication skills.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effortlessly navigate the analytics stack (wrangling, exploring, modeling, validating, visualizing, socializing) to capture insightful data trends for multi-channel marketing campaigns
- Keenly understand strategic Marketing & Communications initiatives and produce data analysis that aligns with these goals
- Build dashboards in MJFF’s BI reporting platform to automate standard reporting needs
- Perform and design A/B tests enabling teams to iteratively improve channel performance
- Partner with CRM and Development Operations/Revenue Analytics teams advising ETL processes, data engineering, and data structure to facilitate analysis
- Present findings and recommendations to senior management and key stakeholders across the Foundation
- Dissect and deep-dive on enhanced messaging, targeting, and segmentation tactics
- Support, measure, and recommend audience development strategies to strengthen programmatic and fundraising acquisition and retention efforts
- Provide comprehensive overviews on marketing revenue performance, identifying opportunities to grow marketing audience and revenue
- Demonstrate expertise across retail and peer-to-peer fundraising
- Partner with CRM and Development Operations/Revenue Analytics teams to facilitate consistent and integrated reporting at the intersection between marketing efforts and revenue analytics
Vendor Management & Reporting Governance
- Serve as primary contact for BI vendor, managing supporting budget, troubleshooting errors, and understanding/leveraging new product releases
- Proactively assist in auditing and updating of reports across the organization
- In collaboration with analysts across the organization, participate in a governance committee dedicated to ensuring consistency in reporting across multiple departments
Qualifications and Skills:
- Undergraduate degree in related field (e.g., marketing, analytics, statistics, economics), advanced degrees preferred but not required
- Experience in related field (e.g., consulting, marketing) with measurable success and achievement
- Highly analytical, sharp and innovative thinker
- Excellent communication skills, capable of explaining complex analytics to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong organizational skills, keen multi-tasker able to support analytics across diverse teams
- Effective team player with a collaborative approach to problem-solving and comfort in navigating ambiguity
- Fluent in Excel, SQL; proficiency in R, Python a plus
- Experience with Salesforce CRM, Adobe Analytics, Facebook, and Domo or similar BI platform
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter describing their specific qualifications and interest in the position. Please select this Link . Submissions without cover letters will not be considered. Please, no telephone inquiries and do not contact our staff directly. Only applicants who best match the position needs will be contacted.
The Michael J. Fox Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
If you are interested in joining MJFF as a volunteer please send your resume and cover letter to:
Office Manager and Human Resources
The Michael J. Fox Foundation
Grand Central Station
P.O. Box 4777
New York, NY 10163-4777
Computer literacy and a minimum commitment of eight hours per month are required.