Associate Director, Revenue Analytics
The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research (MJFF) was founded in 2000 with one clear objective: accelerating meaningful therapeutic advances and, ultimately, a cure for Parkinson’s disease (PD). The Foundation applies extraordinary scientific, business and media assets to this singular focus—thus creating a unique and dynamic organization. Since inception, MJFF has quickly grown into the largest global funder of Parkinson’s disease research outside the U. S. federal government, having funded over $750 million in research projects in both academic and industry labs worldwide.
We believe that to find a cure for PD as quickly as possible, our capital needs to push research forward today—we therefore deliberately have no endowment or reserve. We instead start our fundraising from zero each year and seek to deploy funds raised as quickly and wisely as possible. MJFF raises over $90 million annually. Today, the Foundation has approximately 135 full-time employees who are based in New York City.
The Development Operations and Revenue Analytics team will be integral in helping the Foundation scale. In this analyst role, you will align advanced statistics practices with the revenue analytics and development operations practice. You will provide strategic input, enhanced reporting, and data-driven recommendations around fundraising performance and revenue growth. You will have the opportunity to partner across all functions within the Foundation. We are actively seeking someone with a strong quantitative background, sharp business acumen, and an entrepreneurial mindset.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, monitor and report on extensive revenue KPI’s with specific attention paid to understanding the ROI of various revenue lines and initiatives.
- Create tools and dashboards for fundraising teams and revenue line managers
- Develop triggers and opportunities for lead qualification and prospect management follow up
- Make process improvement recommendations for automation
- Effortlessly navigate the analytics stack (wrangling, exploring, modeling, validating, visualizing, socializing) to capture insightful data trends for multiple revenue lines
- Action data analysis by aligning results with actionable, strategic initiatives
- Work closely within CRM & Analytics team to collect revenue data per project requirements
- Present observations and recommendations to senior management and key stakeholders across the Foundation
Qualifications and Skills:
- Undergraduate degree in related field (e.g., marketing, statistics, analytics, economics), advanced degrees preferred but not required
- Experience in related field (e.g., data science, analytics, business intelligence, consulting) with measurable success and achievement
- Highly analytical, sharp and innovative thinker
- Excellent communication skills, capable of explaining complex analytics to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong organizational skills, keen multi-tasker able to support analytics across diverse teams
- Effective team player with a collaborative approach to problem-solving and comfort in navigating ambiguity
- Proven commitment to data hygiene, project management and customer service
- Embodies civility, customer service, entrepreneurial thinking, and work ethic.
- Fluent in Excel, SQL; proficiency in SPSS, R, and other scripting languages a plus (e.g., Python)
- Experience with Salesforce CRM
Physical Requirements: This is an onsite position in our New York City office and is not conducive to telecommuting.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send resume and thoughtful cover letter to Link. We ask that you do not contact our staff directly and no phone inquiries please. Applicants who best match the position needs will be contacted. Submissions without cover letters will not be considered.
The Michael J Fox Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
If you are interested in joining MJFF as a volunteer please send your resume and cover letter to:
Office Manager and Human Resources
The Michael J. Fox Foundation
Grand Central Station
P.O. Box 4777
New York, NY 10163-4777
Computer literacy and a minimum commitment of eight hours per month are required.