Team Fox Coordinator; Grassroots/ Peer-to-Peer Fundraising
The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research (MJFF) was founded in 2000 with one clear objective: accelerating meaningful therapeutic advances and, ultimately, a cure for Parkinson’s disease (PD). The Foundation applies extraordinary scientific, business and media assets to this singular focus—thus creating a unique and dynamic organization. Since inception, MJFF has quickly grown into the largest global funder of Parkinson’s disease research outside the U. S. federal government, having funded over $750 million in research projects in both academic and industry labs worldwide.
Core to our philosophy is how we think of our capital and its risk profile relative to other stakeholders in the drug development pipeline. We work aggressively to de-risk various therapeutic strategies and tools in the hopes of building a robust pipeline of new treatments for patients. In order to achieve our mission of finding a cure for PD it is critical that we engage with, and bring together, members of the PD community including researchers, physicians, health professionals and most important, people with Parkinson's and their families. We believe that raising the Foundation’s profile with a broader audience will help us more efficiently reach and mobilize highly engaged stakeholders who are more likely to feel personally vested in helping speed progress toward a cure.
We believe that to find a cure for PD as quickly as possible, our capital needs to push research forward today—we therefore deliberately have no endowment. We instead start our fundraising from zero each year and seek to deploy funds raised as quickly and wisely as possible. MJFF raises over $90 million annually. Today, the Foundation has approximately 130 full-time employees who are based in New York City. This is an onsite position and is not conducive to telecommuting.
Team Fox is MJFF’s grassroots fundraising program which is focused on raising funds and awareness for Parkinson’s research in local communities. Team Fox members all across the United States and in select international cities work with the Team Fox staff to receive special resources and tools to help turn marathons, golf tournaments or special events into fundraising opportunities. Some Team Fox fundraisers honor a loved one, some celebrate an occasion and other just creatively want to make a difference in our goal to eradicate Parkinson’s disease.
In the twelve years since Team Fox was established, members have raised $70 million with revenues expected to top $10 million in 2018. This diverse community of change-makers continues to grow and inspire us every day. MJFF is poised to dramatically expand this program in the coming years and seeks an experienced and dynamic coordinator to help support this growing program.
The position of Team Fox Coordinator is a unique opportunity for a dedicated, detailed, results-oriented fundraiser looking to establish their career and make a significant impact within a global community. The Team Fox Coordinator will report to the Director, Team Fox, but will work across the development team to support all programs, members and communities. Additionally the Team Fox Coordinator will assist the events team, as needed, with projects in support of the Foundation’s growing Fox Trot 5K program. This is an onsite position in our New York City office and is not conducive to telecommuting.
- Manage customer service needs of Team Fox (ie email inquiries, fundraising page set-up and donation tracking)
- Oversee all collateral needs; fulfillment of material requests, inventory tracking, management of stocking and shipping
- Oversee “weekly welcome” process for new members: pull key registration reports, work with staff to confirm portfolio assignments, and conduct outreach to new members to provide key tools and resources
- Develop content for, actively engage with and provide assistance in managing Team Fox social media communities
- Work with across teams to manage Portion of Proceeds campaigns/fundraisers
- Work with Team Fox Officers to improve and implement automated email communications
Key qualities of an outstanding Coordinator are strong interpersonal skills, a collaborative and positive disposition, strong written and verbal communication skills, excellent decision-making and judgment skills, and an innate sense of pace and urgency. Equally important is the ability to work productively and proactively, both independently and as part of a larger team.
- Bachelor’s Degree + 1-2 years’ of relevant experience
- Familiarity with Salesforce CRM software or equivalent software is a plus
- Weekday and weekend travel required
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Experience in project management
- Proficient in Excel and MS Office Suite
- Experience in social media, networking and administration
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and public speaking experience
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter describing their specific qualifications and interest in the position. Submissions without cover letters will not be considered. Please, no telephone inquiries and do not contact our staff directly. Only applicants who best match the position needs will be contacted.
The Michael J. Fox Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
If you are interested in joining MJFF as a volunteer please send your resume and cover letter to:
Office Manager and Human Resources
The Michael J. Fox Foundation
Grand Central Station
P.O. Box 4777
New York, NY 10163-4777
Computer literacy and a minimum commitment of eight hours per month are required.