Great Scott! It’s the 30th Anniversary of Back to the Future (BTTF)! October 21, 2015 — "Marty McFly Day" — is the legendary date when Michael J. Fox's character arrives in the future. The iconic film has inspired many Team Fox members to hold flux capacitor fueled fundraisers in October to commemorate the films and Michael's leadership in starting the Foundation. Here are several BTTF events across the United States and Canada — and online — that are helping us create a future without Parkinson’s.
- October 1-21, 2015: The HR Technology Conference and Expo hosts HR Gives Back, a month-long fundraiser inspired by Back to the Future. In the days leading up to the conference, supporters are encouraged to walk or run 26.2 miles via Charity Miles for the We Don’t Need Roads Virtual Marathon supporting Team Fox. FitBit will be at the conference, held October 18-21, for participants to log miles on site. Join Team "HRGivesBack" and add your own workouts in the Charity Miles app.
- October 18, 2015: Team Fox members Debby and Louis Flancbaum are hosting Back To…A Future Without Parkinson’s — a screening of all three Back to the Future films at the Teaneck Cinemas in New Jersey — complete with raffles and a live auction. All sponsor ticket holders are invited to a 1950’s, Lou’s Café inspired lunch at Holy Name Medical Center. Teaneck Cinemas will also host a second screening with an all-day marathon of the trilogy on October 21, with all proceeds be benefitting to Team Fox.
- October 21, 2015: Team Flux Capacitor will screen Back to the Future II at the historic Avalon Theater in Milwaukee. Attendees are invited to take pictures with a DeLorean, partake in an auction and 50/50 raffle and sip on a specialty BTTF cocktail. All proceeds will benefit Team Fox.
- October 21, 2015: The Michael J. Fox Theatre in Burnaby, British Columbia is screening all three BTTF films in a row. Guests will also enjoy a comedy show, music, a silent auction, door prizes and a photo opp with a DeLorean. Each ticket includes lunch, dinner and a BTTF souvenir.
- October 21-25, 2015: BTTF super fans Ken Kapalowski and Joe Walser are hosting We’re Going Back, a five-day series of BTTF themed events in Los Angeles. It includes an opportunity to screen the BTTF movies, tour BTTF movie sets, practice your hoverboard skills, dance at the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance and more.
- October 25, 2015: The Washington West Film Festival will host a day filled with BTTF fun, kicking off with a Pancakes for Parkinson’s brunch and ending with a screening of all three films. It features a Q&A session with special guests Christopher Lloyd (Dr. Emmett "Doc" Brown), trilogy co-writer and producer Bob Gale and Claudia Wells (Marty’s girlfriend in Part I).
Interested in hosting a BTTF-inspired event of your own? Join Team Fox today!