The holiday season and all of its festive cheer is fast approaching. While there are so many different ways to revel in all of the tradition and festivities, one of the most impactful ways is by getting into the giving spirit.
Here’s how you too can engage your family, friends and community in raising support and awareness for Parkinson’s disease, by getting inspired by this holiday season:
- Host a Festive Party – Turn your holiday gathering into an opportunity to give back. Whether you host a potluck dinner, an ugly sweater party, holiday happy hour, a formal holiday gathering, or a winter pancake breakfast, there are lots of opportunities to raise support while celebrating with loved ones.
- Turkey Trot or Jingle Jog – Hit the pavement by participating in or hosting a run/walk event. You can get friends and family to join you or support your Team Fox fundraiser, all while working off some of those tasty holiday treats.
- Donate Your Gifts – Ask your family and friends to make a donation to your Team Fox fundraiser in lieu of a gift this year. Turn your gift into a gift for others and inspire others to do the same.
- Gift Wrap for a Cause - Put your wrapping skills to the test! Offer up your services to wrap gifts in exchange for donations. With a roll of wrapping paper, a spool of tape and a pair of scissors you can create a great fundraiser while meeting the high demand of gift wrapping services.
- Bake Holiday Treats – If you love to bake and make treats for family and friends consider adding a note to each bag of goodies with information about MJFF and ways they can support your efforts. You can even make fox-shaped cookies with our cookie cutter!
Whether you try out one of our ideas above or get creative with one of your own, remember to participate in our 100 Ways, 100 Days campaign. Share your holiday themed contributions online by posting photos of your event by using #TF100DAYS.