Miles for a Cure: Race to $50K is well underway, and thanks to our amazing participants, we've covered 14,100 miles and raised $14,100 for Parkinson's research! If you have been participating, keep moving - every mile counts! If you haven't started yet, it's not too late to help us reach our goal of $50,000.
As a reminder, every time you use the Charity Miles app to log miles you walk, run or bike, you’re racking up funds for critical Parkinson’s research. But our partner sponsor Medtronic DBS Therapy wants to take those miles even further, matching an additional $1 per mile. Here are some ways you can use the Charity Miles smartphone app and the Miles for a Cure challenge to make your miles count more than ever:
1. PLAN A MEETUP: Gather your friends, family or support group to rack up miles together. Share a picture of your group on social and you may see it on The Michael J. Fox Foundation's Facebook or Twitter feeds!
2. DONATE YOUR LUNCH HOUR: Use your lunch hour to get outside, turn on your Charity Miles app and go for a walk in the beautiful autumn weather.
3. MAKE YOUR TRAINING RUNS COUNT: Training for a 5K, 10K, half or full marathon? Take your smartphone with you on your training runs so your miles can count even more toward a critical dollars for PD research.
4. BIKE TO WORK: If your commute allows, try riding your bike to work - it's good for you, the environment and counts toward dollars for PD research during Miles for a Cure!
5. USE OUR MANUAL MILES FORM: Don't have a smartphone, but still want to contribute? Use our manual miles form to track the miles you've been walking, running and biking during Miles for a Cure. You can enter your mileage once a day until we hit our goal.
No matter how far you go or how you get there, you're getting us all closer to a cure. It's that simple.