In honor of Parkinson's Awareness month, Team Fox is challenging its community of new and returning members to raise more than awareness by collectively fundraising $1 million by the end of the month! With 100 percent of Team Fox proceeds raised going directly to research, join Team Fox in making April a #MillionDollarMonth for Parkinson's research.
Since 2010, our Team Fox Young Professionals (YPs) have led an incredible effort to engage their local networks of colleagues, friends and family in supporting Parkinson's research. Through a wide variety of events spanning themed throwback celebrations to exclusive cocktail experiences, our Team Fox YPs have shown the philanthropic prowess of the Millennial Generation!
Here are six tried and true fundraising tactics that YPs in any community can use to support Team Fox:
- Socializing success: Give your friends and colleagues a fun excuse to meet one another while supporting a worthy cause. Whether you host a date auction, a night at the ballpark or a monthly running group, add a suggested "pay to play" fee upfront and bring your networks together!
- Tip it back: Your favorite watering hole is great for more than just an occasional happy hour. Recruit a local bar or restaurant for their support by donating a portion of proceeds from an evening, tips from the night of a big game or offering an hour for your friends to guest bartend.
- Throwback to yesteryear: When was the last time you went bowling or hit the roller rink? Add an incentive for team fundraising or themed costumes, and you're well on your way to a fun, nostalgia-filled fundraiser.
- Sweat for a cause: Gyms and fitness studios are often willing to donate a class in support of charity! Set a price for participation and recruit a local juice bar to donate some healthy snacks for post-workout socializing.
- Brunch knows best: Who doesn't love an excuse for Sunday brunch? Identify a venue that doesn't typically garner traffic on a Sunday morning and host a brunch-themed party! Extra points if you can recruit your favorite food truck to swing by with donated treats.
- Find a local partner: There are lots of great events held each year on behalf of charity. Identify one in your community and pitch The Michael J. Fox Foundation as the beneficiary. From golf tournaments to march madness brackets, the possibilities are endless.
Looking for upcoming YP events in your area? Here are a few to get you started:
April, Ongoing (YP Chapters Nationwide) - Foxy T-Shirt Sales
April 4 (NYC) - Parkinson's Awareness Night Happy Hour
April 6 (New Orleans) - Parkinson's Awareness Month Bar Night
April 11 (Boston) - Parkinson's Awareness Night at Fenway Park.
April 22 (Boston) - Young Voices Education Symposium
Aoril 28 (San Francisco) - Foxy Nights Poker Night
May 3 (Washington D.C.) - Tips for Parkinson's D.C.†