New milestones were crossed and fundraising records were broken — 2015 was a year Team Fox will always remember. In addition to welcoming our largest pool of active members to date, this outstanding community collectively raised more than $11.5 million, 100 percent of which is going directly toward the Foundation’s research efforts to speed a cure for Parkinson's.
An unbelievable testament to the power of this dedicated Team Fox community, the following highlights show the collective impact of this group of inspired, creative and passionate people around the world. There is still much work to be done in our mission to cure Parkinson’s, but let’s reflect at how you helped lay the groundwork for us to hit the ground even harder in 2016.
Team Fox 2015 by the numbers:
- $849,473: The highest amount fundraised by one individual in 2015. First-time marathoner Andrew Creighton, who lives with Parkinson’s, set the bar astronomically high with his NYC Marathon efforts in November.
- $546,426: The total raised by the eighth Annual New England Parkinson’s Ride, earning the Woods family the number one spot (once again!) on Team Fox’s list of top 2015 fundraising events. This amount far surpasses the Ride’s 2014 record of $421,415 as the largest amount ever raised by a single Team Fox event in one calendar year.
- 14,000: The number of miles travelled by MJFF staffer Sam Fox during his 103-day Tour de Fox journey across the United States. In addition to biking and hiking cross-country, Sam also climbed to the tallest peak in each of the lower 48 states. With members of the Parkinson’s community joining in for various athletic stages and celebrations along the way, Tour de Fox collectively raised over $2.4 million.
- 3,320: The number of active Team Fox members who fundraised in 2015. Within this group, 537 hosted a unique create-your-own event. From bar mitzvah projects to comedy nights, there was no shortage of creativity this year!
- 562: The number of Team Fox athletes who proudly ran, biked and swam in one of 15 sponsored athletic events including the Marine Corps Marathon, Escape from Alcatraz Triathlon and NYC Half Marathon.
- 63: The number of creative Back to the Future fundraisers to celebrate Marty McFly’s futuristic arrival on October 21, 2015. From large-scale outdoor film screenings to a flashmob-inspired “Million Marty March,” film fans around the world took advantage of this unique opportunity to have fun while doing good.
- 25: The number of Team Fox members who took on the Rock the Ridge 50-mile Endurance Challenge in May. While many team members teamed up to split the mileage, six members completed the full 50-miles within the 24-hour limit!
- 11: The number of create-your-own events that raised over $100,000 for Team Fox in 2015. From guest bartending competitions (Tips for Parkinson’s) to southern boot stompin’ bonanzas (Kickin’ Parkinson’s), these 11 events collectively raised $2.6 million to help speed a cure.
But that’s not all! Throughout the course of the year, you also looked the part of truly foxy fundraisers. Enjoy the below gallery showcasing how 2015 was full of that infectious Team Fox spirit.