If you haven't heard by now, April is Parkinson's Awareness Month, and Team Fox is challenging its community (returning and new members) to raise $1 million dollars by the end of the month. We're encouraging runners, bikers and swimmers to turn their athletic passions into fundraising opportunities.
Picking a race is half the battle. If you have your eye on an official race like the TCS NYC Marathon or the Bank of America Chicago Marathon, you can run with Team Fox's charity entry. Or, participate in a local race near you. Either way, we would love for you to create a fundraising page and represent Team Fox out on the course!
Fun ways for athletes to fundraise:
- Set Donation Amounts: Set unique donation amounts to correspond with the distance of your race. Running a marathon? Ask for $1 per mile from each donor ($26.20).
- Brand Yourself: Wear a Team Fox shirt during training runs. When people comment on your shirt, it's the perfect opportunity to talk about being a member and ask for support.
- Exercise for a Cause: Training at the gym for your upcoming race? Ask if they will teach a Zumba or spin class for free and invite friends and family to participate at a set donation amount.
- Give Incentive: Offer to do something wacky and unexpected -- like wear an orange tutu or shave your head -- if you're able to raise a certain amount of money.
- Acknowledge Donors: Tell donors who contribute a certain amount that you'll put their name on your race day shirt to acknowledge their support!
- 5K Your Way: Don't see a race you like? Create your own! In recent years, many Team Fox members have chosen to host a "Fox Trot 5K" in their hometown with proceeds benefiting the Foundation. If you're interested in learning more about organizing your own Fox Trot race, click here.
With 100 percent of Team Fox proceeds supporting the Foundation's high-impact programs to speed a cure for Parkinson's disease, now is the perfect time to make your miles count. By choosing a race and making a commitment today, you can help make April a #MillionDollarMonth!