Jonathan M. Brotchie, PhD
President at Junaxo Inc.
Director and President at Atuka Inc.
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Dr. Jonathan Brotchie is a co-founder, director and president of Atuka Inc. (2011-present). Dr. Brotchie has more than 25 years' experience in Parkinson's disease (PD) research, managing teams in both academia and in commercial environments that have identified and validated several drug targets for PD. He has lead translational research that has supported the assessment of efficacy of more than 60 drug candidates in pre-clinical models of PD and the advancement of 14 drug candidates to clinical studies.
Dr. Brotchie obtained his PhD from the University of Manchester, UK in 1991. He has held academic positions at University Health Network, Toronto (2002-present) and University of Manchester (1991-2002). Dr. Brotchie has published more than 150 peer-reviewed academic papers and has consulted for more than 40 biopharmaceutical companies, as well as for members for the financial community.
- Evaluation of LRRK2 Inhibition in a Pre-clinical Model of Parkinson's Disease (2016)
- Evaluation of mGlu4 Positive Allosteric Modulators in Models of Parkinsonís Disease (2014)
- DPI-289, a Novel Bi-Functional Delta Agonist / Mu Antagonist (DAMA) as a Therapy for Parkinson's Disease (2013)
- Development of Trehalose as a Disease-modifying Treatment for Parkinsonís Disease (2013)
- Development of L-745,870, a Selective D4 Receptor Antagonist, for the Treatment of Levodopa-induced Dyskinesia (2012)
- Assessment of the Neurorestorative Potential of Enhanced Neurotrophic Support via Positive Glutamatergic Modulation in the MPTP Pre-clinical Model of PD (2010)