The Michael J. Fox Foundation seeks to facilitate access and use of our cohort biosamples. Applicants can request these human biosamples and associated grant funding for target validation or biomarker development programs.
Different stages of the target and assay development pipeline necessitate access to samples with varying degree of clinical information and longitudinal follow-up. MJFF biosamples are available for every stage of intended use, including target identification and validation, assay development and validation, biomarker discovery, biomarker replication, biomarker verification and assessment of disease progression. Certain sample collections offer additional opportunities, including examination of diurnal fluctuation, pharmacogenetics/pharmacodynamics or insight into genetic Parkinson’s.
Researchers pursuing target and biomarker assay development programs across all developmental stages are encouraged to apply. MJFF is especially interested in the following:
- Assay development and validation for novel Parkinson’s disease biomarkers
- Biomarker replication and validation of promising measures that associate with Parkinson’s or Parkinson’s progression
- Target discovery and validation using human biosamples
What Doesn’t Fit:
- Collection of new biosamples
- Applications assessing biomarker assays using non-MJFF biosamples
Watch a webinar to learn more about our Foundation's funding strategy and opportunities, and the application and review processes.
Contact email@example.com with questions