The Officer, Revenue Analytics (Junior Analyst) aligns revenue analytics with revenue strategy and development operations practices by building insights, optimizing data flows and supporting ongoing data projects.
The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research (MJFF) was founded in 2000 with one clear objective: accelerating meaningful therapeutic advances and, ultimately, a cure for Parkinson’s disease (PD). The Foundation applies extraordinary scientific, business and media assets to this singular focus—thus creating a unique and dynamic organization. Since inception, MJFF has quickly grown into the largest nonprofit funder of Parkinson’s disease research, having funded over $1.5 billion in research projects in both academic and industry labs worldwide.
Core to our philosophy is how we think of our capital and its risk profile relative to other stakeholders in the drug development pipeline. We work aggressively to de-risk various therapeutic strategies and tools in the hopes of building a robust pipeline of new treatments for patients. In order to achieve our mission of finding a cure for PD it is critical that we engage with, and bring together, members of the PD community including researchers, physicians, health professionals and most important, people with Parkinson's and their families.
We believe that to find a cure for PD as quickly as possible, our capital needs to push research forward today—we therefore deliberately hold no endowment or excessive reserves. We instead seek to deploy funds raised as quickly and wisely as possible. MJFF raises over $100 million annually. Today, the Foundation has approximately 200 full-time employees. We offer a collegial and collaborative environment where optimistic problem-solvers and entrepreneurial, resourceful individuals can thrive and make a tangible difference for millions of people living with Parkinson’s disease.
The Development Operations and Revenue Analytics team (DORA) drives revenue growth by developing data insights that guide revenue strategy. The team is integral in helping the Michael J Fox Foundation scale its mission through an expanded revenue base. This role will consist of three core responsibilities:
- Building insightful reports and dashboards to track revenue line performance and support fundraising team to achieve business goals.
- Cleanup and optimize data flows for more efficient reporting needs.
- Supporting ongoing data analysis projects.
This role will use our SQL-based business intelligence tool to engage with data, uncover trends, identify opportunities where data analysis can enhance our fundraising strategy. We are actively seeking someone with a strong quantitative background, sharp business acumen and an entrepreneurial mindset. This position will be expected to have a hybrid flex work schedule with at least part-time in MJFF’s office in midtown New York City. Standard business hours are Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. The Foundation supports flexible and remote work schedules.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, monitor and report on extensive revenue KPI’s with specific attention paid to understanding the ROI of various revenue lines and initiatives.
- Manage ad-hoc reporting requests and support custom reports for long-term projects and explorations.
- Create tools and dashboards for fundraising teams and revenue line managers; analyze current dashboard usage to identify opportunities for optimization.
- Own and develop efficient data flows to extract insights from multiple databases using complex query statements; troubleshoot data discrepancies to ensure data quality.
- Work closely with revenue strategy colleagues to brainstorm creative ways to answer fundraising team’s challenges to unlock new revenue opportunities.
- Develop triggers and opportunities for lead qualification and prospect management follow up.
- Make process improvement recommendations for automation.
- Effortlessly navigate the analytics stack (wrangling, exploring, modeling, validating, visualizing, socializing) to capture insightful data trends for multiple revenue lines.
- Work closely within CRM & Analytics team to collect revenue data per project requirements.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 2-3 years’ experience in related field (e.g., Data Science, Analytics, Business Intelligence, Consulting) with measurable success and achievement.
- B.S. or M.S. degree in related field (e.g., Statistics, Analytics, Economics, Marketing, etc.)
- Proven commitment to data hygiene, project management and customer service.
- Working knowledge of human-centered design and empathy.
- Experience with BI tools such as Tableau, Domo, or Power BI, preferred.
- Fluent in Excel, SQL; proficiency in SPSS, R and other scripting languages (e.g., Python), a plus.
- Experience with CRM, especially Salesforce, a plus.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to explain complex topics to both experts and novices.
- Strong organizational skills: keen multi-tasker able to support diverse teams.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
Ideal candidates will:
- Be an effective team player who demonstrates positive mentality, collaborative approach to problem-solving and comfort in navigating ambiguity.
- Embody civility, customer service, entrepreneurial thinking and work ethic.
- Display a sense of resourcefulness, timeliness, and leadership in work.
- Be an operational innovator with an understanding how best to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of projects.
- Be mature, responsible, objective and even keeled with high-level EQ.
At The Michael J. Fox Foundation (MJFF), the health and safety of our team and our community is a priority. MJFF has made the decision to require all staff receive the COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment. Successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated by date of hire and proof of vaccine is required. Full vaccination is defined as two weeks after both doses of two-dose vaccine or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, because of medical or religious reasons, can request a reasonable accommodation for consideration.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter describing their specific qualifications and interest in the position. Applicants who best match the position's needs will be contacted.
MJFF is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage applications from individuals who will contribute to our efforts to build and support a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce. Diversity may refer to characteristics including, but not limited to, race, religion, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, socioeconomic circumstance, geographic background, ability and disability, political ideology and age.