The Officer, Team Fox DIY (Do-It-Yourself) will provide support to the broader DIY events team while also managing an emerging portfolio of new and up and coming events.
The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research (MJFF) was founded in 2000 with one clear objective: accelerating meaningful therapeutic advances and, ultimately, a cure for Parkinson’s disease (PD). The Foundation applies extraordinary scientific, business and media assets to this singular focus—thus creating a unique and dynamic organization. Since inception, MJFF has quickly grown into the largest nonprofit funder of Parkinson’s disease research, having funded over $1.5 billion in research projects in both academic and industry labs worldwide.
Core to our philosophy is how we think of our capital and its risk profile relative to other stakeholders in the drug development pipeline. We work aggressively to de-risk various therapeutic strategies and tools in the hopes of building a robust pipeline of new treatments for patients. In order to achieve our mission of finding a cure for PD it is critical that we engage with, and bring together, members of the PD community including researchers, physicians, health professionals and most important, people with Parkinson's and their families.
We believe that to find a cure for PD as quickly as possible, our capital needs to push research forward today—we therefore deliberately hold no endowment or excessive reserves. We instead seek to deploy funds raised as quickly and wisely as possible. MJFF raises over $100 million annually. Today, the Foundation has approximately 200 full-time employees. We offer a collegial and collaborative environment where optimistic problem-solvers and entrepreneurial, resourceful individuals can thrive and make a tangible difference for millions of people living with Parkinson’s disease.
The Development team at The Michael J. Fox Foundation works to ensure that the Foundation raises sufficient dollars to fund its ambitious research agenda. Our team is determined, collaborative and nimble.
Team Fox is MJFF’s grassroots fundraising program, focused on raising funds and awareness for Parkinson’s research in local communities. Our global community of fundraising members works with Team Fox staff to leverage special resources and tools to transform their passions and interests into unique fundraising campaigns, special events or athletic feats. Team Fox’s DIY (Do-It-Yourself) team works to support members who are hosting their own fundraisers.
The position of Team Fox DIY Officer is a unique opportunity for a dedicated, entrepreneurial, results-oriented community fundraiser to move forward in their career and make a significant impact. The Team Fox DIY Officer will report to the Associate Director of Team Fox.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
This role will provide support to the broader DIY events team by managing a robust portfolio of established and up and coming events. This role will also be critical in stewarding established events, identifying prospective high-value fundraisers, building our fundraiser base, and providing support to larger, established events within the DIY portfolio. Day-to-day tasks will include:
- Support day-to-day stewardship and retention of new and returning Team Fox members and their contributors.
- Support creation and maintenance of peer-to-peer fundraising (P2P) platform and resources.
- Directly manage a portfolio of mid-level fundraisers.
- Provide exceptional and highly personalized support to our returning fundraisers.
- Conduct in-depth prospect research to identify constituents with capacity for broader ownership, activation and stewardship.
- Provide administrative support for larger territory events.
- Support CRM and revenue analytics operations.
- Manage matching gift and donation migration requests.
- Manage materials and collateral fulfillment requests for DIY events and members.
- Support upkeep of revenue and expense budgets, including reports and reconciliation.
- Help facilitate Team Fox recognition events, including Annual MVP Celebration Weekend and other MJFF Community Fundraising Events as needed.
- 30% travel to significant Team Fox member events. *Travel and attendance on weekends are required.
Qualifications and Skills:
Key qualities of an outstanding Officer are strong interpersonal skills, a collaborative and positive disposition, excellent decision-making and judgment skills and an innate sense of pace and urgency.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 2-4 years’ nonprofit, fundraising or other relevant experience
- Excellent Microsoft Office Skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Familiarity with Salesforce CRM software (or equivalent software), a plus
- Must have a valid driver’s license
At The Michael J. Fox Foundation (MJFF), the health and safety of our team and our community is a priority. MJFF has made the decision to require all staff receive the COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment. Successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated by date of hire and proof of vaccine is required. Full vaccination is defined as two weeks after both doses of two-dose vaccine or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, because of medical or religious reasons, can request a reasonable accommodation for consideration.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter describing their specific qualifications and interest in the position. Applicants who best match the position's needs will be contacted.
MJFF is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage applications from individuals who will contribute to our efforts to build and support a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce. Diversity may refer to characteristics including, but not limited to, race, religion, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, socioeconomic circumstance, geographic background, ability and disability, political ideology and age.