Each year, thousands of people from all corners of the Parkinson's community ó patients, family members, researchers, community Team Fox members and beyond ó reach out to the Foundation and Michael, to share how they've been impacted by this work. This short film is a tribute and thank you to all those that keep us motivated each day with their words until a cure is found and we can close our doors for good.
About The Michael J. Fox Foundation
The Michael J. Fox Foundation is dedicated to finding better treatments and, ultimately, a cure for Parkinson's disease.
Team Fox is the grassroots community fundraising program at The Michael J. Fox Foundation. Each year more than 1,600 Team Fox members worldwide turn their passions and interests into unique fundraising events and athletic feats.
The Parkinson's Minute
MJFF Contributing Editor Dave Iverson explores breaking news and trends in Parkinson's disease research.
Ask the MD
The Michael J. Fox Foundation's staff Neurologist and Movement Disorder Specialist, Maurizio Facheris, MD, addresses your questions about living with Parkinson's. Have a question for Dr. Maurizio? Leave it in the comments and it may be featured in an upcoming video.
- What is Parkinson's Disease?
- How is Parkinson's Disease Diagnosed?
- What Causes Parkinson's Disease?
- What Are the Symptoms of Parkinson's Disease?
- What Is Fox Trial Finder?
- What Is the Connection Between Smell Loss and Parkinson's Disease?
- What Is Alpha-Synuclein?
- What Is the Difference Between Dyskinesia and Dystonia?
- What Is LRRK2?
- Can Coconut Oil Treat Parkinson's Disease?
- Can Bee Venom Treat Parkinson's Disease?
- Is There a Diet Recommended for Parkinson's Disease?
- Is Parkinsonism the Same as Parkinson's Disease?
- Any Tips on Exercise to Ease the Side Effects?
- Is Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS) Recommended?
- I May Have PD, What Type of Doctor Should I See?
- How Will Parkinson's Disease Impact My Sleep Habits?
- Do Young-Onset Parkinson's Disease Patients Experience the Same Symptoms?
- How Are Depression and Parkinson's Disease Linked?
- What Are Clinical Trials?
- What Is Dyskinesia and Can It Be Controlled?
- Is Parkinson's Disease Genetic?
- How Will Parkinson's Disease Affect My Sexual Health?
Parkinson's Progression Marker's Initiative
The Parkinsonís Progression Markers Initiative (PPMI) is a landmark clinical study to better understand the progression of Parkinsonís disease (PD).
Our interactive Third Thursday Webinar series, moderated by Dave Iverson, MJFF contributing editor and Patient Council member, offers in-depth discussion and analysis of the science closest or most critical to practical relevance in patients' lives. View upcoming Webinars.
- Shining a Light on Depression in Parkinson's - (September 2014)
- How Wearable Devices May Make Us Smarter - (August 2014)
- How'd You Sleep? Parkinson's and Sleep Disorders - (July 2014)
- More Peaks, Fewer Valleys with Levodopa: On/Off Cycle - (June 2014)
- Taking Inventory of Parkinson's and Alzheimer's Diseases (May 2014)
- Is Parkinson's One Disease or Many? - (April 2014)
- Parkinson's and Other Movement Disorders (March 2014)
- Parkinson's Disease: What Else Goes Wrong? (February 2014)
- The Long Road to Diagnosis (January 2014)
- What We Learned in 2013 (December 2013)
- Surgical Interventions (November 2013)
- Genetics and Parkinson's Disease September 2013)
- Going Beyond Dopamine (October 2013)
- Biomarkers in Parkinson's Research (June 2013)
- Genetics and Parkinson's Disease (September 2012)
- Cognitive Impairment and Parkinson's Disease (October 2012)
- Parkinson's Disease Research in 2012 (December 2012)