The Foundation's gala benefit, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Cure Parkinson's, took place on Saturday, November 9 at the Waldorf Astoria New York, raising $5.5 million for Parkinson's research. A sold-out crowd of over 1,100 guests gathered to watch the star-studded event hosted by Denis Leary. One of the night's biggest moments came when special musical guest Chris Martin of Coldplay took the stage to sing "Johnny B. Goode" with Michael J. Fox on guitar.Our Role & Impact
About The Michael J. Fox Foundation
The Michael J. Fox Foundation is dedicated to finding better treatments and, ultimately, a cure for Parkinson's disease.
Team Fox is the grassroots community fundraising program at The Michael J. Fox Foundation. Each year more than 1,600 Team Fox members worldwide turn their passions and interests into unique fundraising events and athletic feats.
The Parkinson's Minute
MJFF Contributing Editor Dave Iverson explores breaking news and trends in Parkinson's disease research.
Ask the MD
The Michael J. Fox Foundation's staff Neurologist and Movement Disorder Specialist, Maurizio Facheris, MD, addresses your questions about living with Parkinson's. Have a question for Dr. Maurizio? Leave it in the comments and it may be featured in an upcoming video.
- What is Parkinson's Disease?
- How is Parkinson's Disease Diagnosed?
- What Causes Parkinson's Disease?
- What Are the Symptoms of Parkinson's Disease?
- What Is Fox Trial Finder?
- What Is the Connection Between Smell Loss and Parkinson's Disease?
- What Is Alpha-Synuclein?
- What Is the Difference Between Dyskinesia and Dystonia?
- What Is LRRK2?
- Can Coconut Oil Treat Parkinson's Disease?
- Can Bee Venom Treat Parkinson's Disease?
- Is There a Diet Recommended for Parkinson's Disease?
- Is Parkinsonism the Same as Parkinson's Disease?
- Any Tips on Exercise to Ease the Side Effects?
- Is Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS) Recommended?
- I May Have PD, What Type of Doctor Should I See?
- How Will Parkinson's Disease Impact My Sleep Habits?
- Do Young-Onset Parkinson's Disease Patients Experience the Same Symptoms?
- How Are Depression and Parkinson's Disease Linked?
- What Are Clinical Trials?
- What Is Dyskinesia and Can It Be Controlled?
- Is Parkinson's Disease Genetic?
- How Will Parkinson's Disease Affect My Sexual Health?
Parkinson's Progression Marker's Initiative
The Parkinsonís Progression Markers Initiative (PPMI) is a landmark clinical study to better understand the progression of Parkinsonís disease (PD).
Our interactive Third Thursday Webinar series, moderated by Dave Iverson, MJFF contributing editor and Patient Council member, offers in-depth discussion and analysis of the science closest or most critical to practical relevance in patients' lives.View upcoming Webinars.