The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research (MJFF) was founded in 2000 with one clear objective: accelerating meaningful therapeutic advances and, ultimately, a cure for Parkinson’s disease (PD). The Foundation applies extraordinary scientific, business and media assets to this singular focus — thus creating a unique and dynamic organization. Since inception, MJFF has quickly grown into the largest global funder of Parkinson’s disease research outside the U. S. federal government, having funded over $800 million in research projects in both academic and industry labs worldwide.
Core to our philosophy is how we think of our capital and its risk profile relative to other stakeholders in the drug development pipeline. We work aggressively to de-risk various therapeutic strategies and tools in the hopes of building a robust pipeline of new treatments for patients. In order to achieve our mission of finding a cure for PD it is critical that we engage with, and bring together, members of the PD community including researchers, physicians, health professionals and most important, people with Parkinson's and their families. We believe that raising the Foundation’s profile with a broader audience will help us more efficiently reach and mobilize highly engaged stakeholders who are more likely to feel personally vested in helping speed progress toward a cure.
We believe that to find a cure for PD as quickly as possible, our capital needs to push research forward today — we therefore deliberately have no endowment. We instead start our fundraising from zero each year and seek to deploy funds raised as quickly and wisely as possible. MJFF raises over $90 million annually. Today, the Foundation has approximately 145 full-time employees who are based in New York City.
The Marketing Specialist is a full-time employee of The Michael J. Fox Foundation and reports to the Associate Director of Marketing. Approaching the marketing landscape with a creative lens, this role will implement innovative tactics to support the Foundation’s key priorities and main initiatives. While working with the Marketing team as well as other departments, the Marketing Specialist will develop holistic strategies to promote research participation – an essential component to move Parkinson’s research forward – and drive attendance for educational in-person events and local fundraisers. Activating the community to contact lawmakers and encourage approval of certain legislation will be another pivotal responsibility of the Marketing Specialist. This role will track metrics associated with these programs and will make informed decisions based on performance results. An additional component of the role will be reporting findings against benchmarks to internal and to external stakeholders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement multi-channel marketing strategies including but not limited to, paid social media ads, display ads, email marketing, etc. in conjunction with our online properties www.michaeljfox.org and www.foxinsight.org to increase awareness and drive conversions, such as event sign-ups, clinical trial registrations and advocacy action alerts
- Provide recommendations for innovative approaches that can efficiently support Foundation priorities and will yield impactful results within budget parameters
- Track spend level and efficiency of tactics (ex: Cost Per Result)
- Write content for a variety of environments, such as copy for Facebook/Instagram/Twitter/LinkedIn, as well as tailored or more general email messaging depending on needs
- View and analyze data in different online platforms to optimize campaigns based on performance results
- Develop an organized framework for tracking results and reporting to communicate learnings internally and to external stakeholders
Skills, Experience and Education:
- Candidates should have 1-2 years of professional experience in digital marketing
- Superior project management skills and the ability to work with other departments across teams
- Experience with various social media platforms, email marketing and analytics tools
- Organized approach to multiple projects and can prioritize initiatives accordingly
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with precise attention to detail to brand voice and messaging
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with flexibility to pivot strategy based on a variety of needs
- Interest in increasing performance results on a volume-based level
- Passionate about driving results based on informed decision making and learning
- Creative, solution-oriented, and proactive approach to problem solving
How to Apply:
Interested candidates must submit a thoughtful cover letter describing their qualifications and interest in the position along with resume. Submissions without cover letters will not be considered. Only applicants who best match the position needs will be contacted.
The Michael J. Fox Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.