Peggy Taylor, ScD
Doctor at BioLegend, Inc.
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Peggy Taylor, ScD, has led the second US operations site for BioLegend since 2014, when they acquired the Covance Antibody Products business. BioLegend is a leading provider of antibodies, immunoassays and other research tools designed and delivered to advance research in the areas of immunology, cell biology, neuroscience and biomarkers. Gene Lay, DVM, who had achieved earlier success as the co-founder of PharMingen, founded BioLegend in 2002, which is headquartered in San Diego, CA. BioLegend has steadily increased its presence in the marketplace and its commitment to foster scientific advancement. Dr. Taylor's group has extensive experience in the development of antibody-based reagents and assay (test) kits from immunization through to commercialization. Dr. Taylor has collaborated with The Michael J. Fox Foundation on a number of projects since 2008, and has been working with Dr. El-Agnaf through the Investigating Synuclein Consortium and other collaborative efforts for over three years.
- Antibody Development for Modified Parkin Proteins Identified in the Human Brain (2016)
- Evaluation of alpha-synuclein and hemoglobin levels in CSF, plasma and saliva samples from the BioFind cohort (2015)
- Alpha-Synuclein Assay Standardization LEAPS (2014)
- Characterization and Validation of Disease-specific Alpha-synuclein Species in Cerebrospinal Fluid (2014)
- Saliva Alpha-synuclein Levels in LRRK2 Mutation Carriers (2014)