Our Summer 2020 Internships will remain open to applicants as we remain optimistic about the containment of COVID-19. We are monitoring the situation as closely as possible and will update our policies as time goes on. Thank you for your patience & understanding.
The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research (MJFF) was founded in 2000 with one clear objective: accelerating meaningful therapeutic advances and, ultimately, a cure for Parkinson’s disease (PD). The Foundation applies extraordinary scientific, business and media assets to this singular focus – thus creating a unique and dynamic organization. Since inception, MJFF has quickly grown into the largest global funder of Parkinson’s disease research outside the U.S. federal government, having funded over $800 million in research projects in both academic and industry labs worldwide.
We believe that to find a cure for PD as quickly as possible, our capital needs to push research forward today – we therefore deliberately have no endowment. We instead start our fundraising from zero each year and seek to deploy funds raised as quickly as possible. MJFF raised over $100 million annually. Today, the Foundation has approximately 140 full-time employees who are based in New York City.
The Development Operations and Revenue Analytics (DORA) team is integral in helping the Michael J Fox Foundation scale. A strong DORA team drives revenue growth by reducing the time relationship managers spend on non-revenue generation functions, speeding up the stewardship process, and improving the experience for the donor.
The Data Analytics Intern on DORA will assist the Revenue Analytics team with ad hoc reporting requests, dashboard design, view behavior analysis, and documentation on business intelligence data assets. We are looking for a technically-skilled, detailed-oriented, multi-tasking, and collaborative intern with basic knowledge of analytical and data visualization tools, and ability to learn in a short period of time. This role is an exciting opportunity to hone your analytical skills while also getting a full picture of how analytics fits into the operations of the organization. All interns are paid $15 stipend per day. Our general business hours are 9am to 5pm.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
A candidate for the DORA Data Analytics Intern can expect to learn and be involved in projects that focus on: data quality, performance metrics, usage tracking, and BI tools.
- Support Revenue Analytics team to design and update real-time dashboards
- Lead view analysis project to understand user behavior and provide actionable recommendations on optimizing dashboards for more engaged reporting experience
- Document SQL queries for main data flows, and translate complex data ecosystems into clear and concise flowcharts
- Leverage business intelligence tools to assist with ad hoc reporting requests
Qualifications and Skills:
Qualified candidates should meet the following criteria:
- Pursuing a BS or MS degree in related field (e.g., business/marketing analytics, statistics, data science, business administration, etc.).
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Strong analytical skills and basic understanding of key business metrics.
- Ability to interpret analytical results and communicate insights to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- A commitment to civility, customer service, entrepreneurial thinking, and work ethic.
- A positive, “yes and…” mentality is a must.
- Experience with BI tools such as Tableau, Domo, or Power BI is a strong plus.
- Experience in SQL, R, Redshift or any querying/programming language is preferred.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter describing your specific qualifications and interests. Applicants who best match the position description will be contacted. Submissions without cover letters will not be considered.
The Michael J. Fox Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.