Browse current and past press releases from The Michael J. Fox Foundation.
Michael J. Fox Foundation Announces Award to Drive Phase IIa Clinical Trial Investigating Potential Safety and Benefit of Nilotinib in Parkinson's Disease
July 28, 2017
- Trial aims to establish safety of long-term nilotinib use in people with Parkinson's disease; recruitment to begin in September 2017
- Endpoints to include symptomatic response and biological measures of drug activity
- Patients and clinicians urged to use caution before adding a repurposed therapy such as nilotinib to treatment regimens
NEW YORK (July 28, 2017) -- The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research (MJFF) today announced U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval of...Read More
Michael J. Fox Foundation and CASIS Announce Partnership to Grow Key Parkinson's Protein on International Space Station
July 20, 2017
- LRRK2 protein part of SpaceX cargo resupply mission scheduled for August 10
- Microgravity conditions allow for larger and better formed protein crystals
- Better crystals may provide a higher resolution view of LRRK2, which aids drug development
NEW YORK (July 20, 2017) -- The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research (MJFF) and the Center for the Advancement of Science in Space (CASIS) today announce a partnership to send a key Parkinson's protein to the International Space Station...Read More
The Michael J. Fox Foundation Launches Clinician Input Study in Parkinson's Disease to Evaluate Mobile Technology in Clinical Care
June 12, 2017
NEW YORK (June 12, 2017) -- The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research (MJFF) today launched the Clinician Input Study in Parkinson's Disease (CIS-PD), a new initiative to gather and assess data through the Fox Wearable Companion mobile application to inform Parkinson's disease (PD) treatment and care.
The Fox Wearable Companion application, developed by Intel, will collect movement data and patient-reported information every day for six months from people with Parkinson's. As part ...Read More
May 02, 2017
NEW YORK (May 2, 2017) -- The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research (MJFF) has awarded three clinical trial centers $125,000 each for the Parkinson's Disease Trial Recruitment Innovation (PD-TRI) program, a new initiative to increase clinical trial awareness, accessibility and volunteer enrollment.
The centers selected for PD-TRI are: Barrow Neurological Institute in Phoenix, AZ; Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston, MA; and Oregon Health and Science University in Portlan...Read More
April 19, 2017
- Proven executive to build on her strong track record of leading innovative industry alliances, research programs and staffing integration
NEW YORK (April 19, 2017) -- The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research (MJFF) announces the promotion of Sohini Chowdhury to the role of Deputy Chief Executive Officer. In her previous capacity as Senior Vice President, Research Partnerships, Ms. Chowdhury was instrumental in driving the Foundation's innovative alliances with key Parkinson's ...Read More
The Michael J. Fox Foundation Announces Five Academic Centers Chosen for 2018-2020 Edmond J. Safra Fellowship in Movement Disorders
April 13, 2017
NEW YORK (April 13, 2017) -- The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research (MJFF), in collaboration with longtime supporter and partner The Edmond J. Safra Foundation, has chosen five academic centers in the United States and Canada to host the third class of The Edmond J. Safra Fellowship in Movement Disorders.
The centers selected for the 2018-2020 Edmond J. Safra Fellowship in Movement Disorders class are:
- University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Columbia University Medical Center in
Partners in Parkinson's Marks Three Years of Serving the Parkinson's Community with Announcement of 2017 Programming Dates and Launch of On-Demand Video Gallery
March 07, 2017
- New educational video gallery featuring "virtual event" and patient and researcher stories now available online
- Live events in Grand Rapids, Michigan and Orlando, Florida planned for 2017
- More than 20,000 members of the Parkinson's community served to date via web-based offerings and at 25 free, full-day events in cities across the United States
NEW YORK (March 7, 2017) - Partners in Parkinson's -- a strategic health initiative of The Michael J. Fox Foundation (MJFF) and AbbVie -- announc...Read More
Michael J. Fox Leads More Than 200 Parkinson's Disease Advocates on Capitol Hill in Support of Federal Research Funding and Access to Care
February 28, 2017
WASHINGTON, D.C. (Tuesday, February 28) -- As part of The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research (MJFF) 2017 Parkinson's Policy Forum, Michael J. Fox met with bipartisan members of the House of Representatives today to urge lawmakers to support policies that safeguard federal research funding and access to care for the more than 1 million Americans living with Parkinson's disease (PD).
"Our Foundation is grateful for the effort, farsightedness and integrity of the members of Congr...Read More