The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research (MJFF) was founded in 2000 with a single defined objective: accelerating meaningful therapeutic advances and, ultimately, a cure for Parkinson’s disease (PD). The Foundation provides a distinctive combination of scientific, business, and media assets to this core focus. This triple-pronged, singularly-defined strategy towards disease research enables a dynamic, motivated, and young organization. MJFF has quickly grown into the largest global funder of Parkinson’s disease research outside of the federal government and has funded over $800 million in research projects across academic and industry labs worldwide.
MJFF raises over $90 million annually. We deliberately have no endowment or reserve because we believe that our capital needs to be invested today to find a cure for PD as quickly as possible. We start our fundraising from zero each year and deploy funds raised as quickly as possible, in a strategic, targeted, and vetted manner. The Foundation has approximately 145 full-time employees who are based in New York City.
Team Fox is MJFF’s grassroots fundraising program which is focused on raising funds and awareness for Parkinson’s research in local communities. Our global community of Team Fox members work with Team Fox staff to receive resources and tools to transform their passions and interests into unique fundraising campaigns, special events or athletic feats.
The Team Fox intern position is a unique opportunity for a dedicated, entrepreneurial, results-oriented young professional to learn about community fundraising while making a significant impact on our growing program. The ideal candidate will be a proactive, high-energy individual who is detail oriented and has strong inter-personal and communication skills. This individual should also be able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment and willing to lend a hand on projects big and small. The ability to multitask and prioritize is a must.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Draft and update content for Team Fox event and fundraising guides.
- Conduct research on state and city regulations for specific event types in key markets
- Support other local community focused initiatives including the NYC Fox Trot 5K Walk/Run for Parkinson’s Research.
- Create social media post across Team Fox platforms to promote upcoming events, new milestones, and important updates.
- Draft correspondences to general inquiries sent in to Team Fox inbox by new and existing Team Fox members.
- Develop internal one-pagers documenting historic information on Endurance portfolio revenue, team size, impact, logistics, etc.
- Assist with mailings, filing and various administrative support for Team Fox department.
- Assist in maintaining Team Fox collateral and materials.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Competency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Powerpoint are a plus)
- College student or recent graduate with previous experience in an events, administrative, customer service position preferred
- Must be able to conduct oneself professionally with a variety of people and work well in a team environment
- Ability to take initiative and be hands-on with all aspects of event preparations and logistics
- Microsoft Office skills are required, often using mail merge function and Excel.
- Must be proactive, self-directed, detail-oriented and organized.
- Must possess strong inter-personal skills and excellent phone skills.
- Must possess capacity to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Social media skills a plus.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter describing your specific qualifications and interests. Applicants who best match the position description will be contacted. Submissions without cover letters will not be considered.