From premiere parties to pancake breakfasts, 2013 proved to be yet another landmark year for Team Fox. As we welcomed a slew of new members to our growing family of fundraisers and saw returning events soar to new heights, you both inspired and encouraged each other to be community ambassadors in this fight for a cure while also raising crucial funds and awareness in support of MJFF. Our staff remains grateful for the continued enthusiasm, creativity and dedication that you-- our Team Fox rock stars—bring each and every day to these efforts. As we continue to lay the groundwork for this new year in an effort to ensure that 2014 is our biggest and most impactful year to date, let’s take a look back at the many ways that you helping make 2013 one for the books.
By the numbers:
- $302,000: The amount raised by Team Fox members Jim & Chris Edlund at their 9th Annual Danville D’Elegance earning them the number one spot on Team Fox’s list of top fundraisers for 2013!
- 35,663: The number of miles that Team Fox members Oliver and Terry Holler rode around the country in their Delorean while raising over $42,000 for Team Fox.
- 2,308: The number of premiere parties held around the world in support of The Michael J. Fox Show debut on September 26th.
- 1,474: The total number of active Team Fox members who fundraised in 2013.
- 440: The number of unique ‘Create-Your-Own-Event’ fundraisers held in 2013. From coast-to-coast bike rides and high school ‘Teen Fox’ clubs to western swing dances and 4th of July popcorn stands, there was no shortage of creativity this year!
- 339: The number of Team Fox athletes who proudly ran, biked, and swam in one of our 10 sponsored athletic events.
- 10: The number of create-your-own events that raised over $100,000 for Team Fox
- 7: The number of Team Fox athletes living with Parkinson’s who ran the 2013 NYC Marathon in November.
- 5.9: The total dollars (in millions!) raised by Team Fox members in 2013 to help speed a cure for Parkinson’s disease
But that’s not all! Over the course of 2013, we received some pretty spectacular photos from our members showcasing their achievements. Take a look at the below gallery to see how 2013 was full of that infectious Team Fox spirit!