The Senior Associate Director, Marketing Automation manages all Foundation marketing automation systems and processes, including design, development, and implementation.
The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research (MJFF) was founded in 2000 with one clear objective: accelerating meaningful therapeutic advances and, ultimately, a cure for Parkinson’s disease (PD). The Foundation applies extraordinary scientific, business and media assets to this singular focus—thus creating a unique and dynamic organization. Since inception, MJFF has quickly grown into the largest nonprofit funder of Parkinson’s disease research, having funded over $1.5 billion in research projects in both academic and industry labs worldwide.
Core to our philosophy is how we think of our capital and its risk profile relative to other stakeholders in the drug development pipeline. We work aggressively to de-risk various therapeutic strategies and tools in the hopes of building a robust pipeline of new treatments for patients. In order to achieve our mission of finding a cure for PD it is critical that we engage with, and bring together, members of the PD community including researchers, physicians, health professionals and most important, people with Parkinson's and their families.
We believe that to find a cure for PD as quickly as possible, our capital needs to push research forward today—we therefore deliberately hold no endowment or excessive reserves. We instead seek to deploy funds raised as quickly and wisely as possible. MJFF raises over $100 million annually. Today, the Foundation has approximately 200 full-time employees. We offer a collegial and collaborative environment where optimistic problem-solvers and entrepreneurial, resourceful individuals can thrive and make a tangible difference for millions of people living with Parkinson’s disease.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the ability to oversee day-to-day emailing activities while architecting and championing new, scalable marketing automation programs. In addition to managing one direct report responsible for executing email campaigns, this inspiring digital marketer will collaborate with internal stakeholders (including Marketing, Communications, CRM and Web Development) to effectively plan, automate and improve constituent journeys throughout the life cycle. The position is a hybrid position.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and champion marketing automation across the organization.
- Effectively plan and develop personalized, scalable, automated marketing campaigns using Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Salesforce, Adobe Analytics, landing pages, etc.
- Lead on developing marketing journeys and lead scoring strategies, working hands-on within platforms and across multiple teams.
- Partner with technical team members to leverage and integrate data to improve the constituent experience.
- Create documentation and maintain a high level of data organization and quality assurance in a fast-moving, high-volume environment.
- Establish KPIs, iterate and test, and report on results to drive business improvements.
- Manage one direct report responsible for email campaign execution and vendor management.
- 50% dev, 50% research.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 5-7 years of success in strategic and operational marketing automation.
- Experience with major marketing automation platforms such as Salesforce Marketing Cloud (highly preferred), Marketo, Hubspot, Eloqua or Pardot, with specific examples of past work building automated customer journeys.
- High comfort level with website architecture and analytics a must, specific experience with SQL databases a plus.
- Experience managing external technical vendors and consultants.
- Success in designing and implementing A/B and multivariate tests.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, including coordination across multiple teams.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
At The Michael J. Fox Foundation (MJFF), the health and safety of our team and our community is a priority. MJFF has made the decision to require all staff receive the COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment. Successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated by date of hire and proof of vaccine is required. Full vaccination is defined as two weeks after both doses of two-dose vaccine or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, because of medical or religious reasons, can request a reasonable accommodation for consideration.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter describing their specific qualifications and interest in the position. Applicants who best match the position's needs will be contacted.
MJFF is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage applications from individuals who will contribute to our efforts to build and support a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce. Diversity may refer to characteristics including, but not limited to, race, religion, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, socioeconomic circumstance, geographic background, ability and disability, political ideology and age.