The Coordinator, Stewardship Tools & Processes is a generalist for the team and will support reporting and data to serve our development team members with things like mailings, database support, account management and allocation, and much more.
The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research (MJFF) was founded in 2000 with one clear objective: accelerating meaningful therapeutic advances and, ultimately, a cure for Parkinson’s disease (PD). The Foundation applies extraordinary scientific, business and media assets to this singular focus—thus creating a unique and dynamic organization. Since inception, MJFF has quickly grown into the largest nonprofit funder of Parkinson’s disease research, having funded over $1.5 billion in research projects in both academic and industry labs worldwide.
Core to our philosophy is how we think of our capital and its risk profile relative to other stakeholders in the drug development pipeline. We work aggressively to de-risk various therapeutic strategies and tools in the hopes of building a robust pipeline of new treatments for patients. In order to achieve our mission of finding a cure for PD it is critical that we engage with, and bring together, members of the PD community including researchers, physicians, health professionals and most important, people with Parkinson's and their families.
We believe that to find a cure for PD as quickly as possible, our capital needs to push research forward today—we therefore deliberately hold no endowment or excessive reserves. We instead seek to deploy funds raised as quickly and wisely as possible. MJFF raises over $100 million annually. Today, the Foundation has approximately 200 full-time employees. We offer a collegial and collaborative environment where optimistic problem-solvers and entrepreneurial, resourceful individuals can thrive and make a tangible difference for millions of people living with Parkinson’s disease.
The position of Coordinator, Stewardship Tools & Processes will be an entry level position on the DORA STP team. The role will be considered a generalist on the team and be trained to support a number of operational tasks and deliverables. The role will develop a proficiency in our donor database and technology platforms. The ideal candidate will be an analytical, proactive, self-directed and approachable problem-solver who confers a sense of urgency and customer service with constituents, teammates and colleagues. The position will ideally be hybrid flex work schedule and standard business hours; limited to no travel required.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop proficiency in our donor database, Salesforce, in order to become the primary resource for any database questions or requests.
- Develop proficiency in operational technology platforms.
- Leverage CRM and other business intelligence tools to provide operations support for digital initiatives driven by the fundraising teams.
- Assist in preparation of department mailings (gift acknowledgments, event invites, solicitation letters and collateral pieces).
- Monitor data quality dashboards to maintain quality of data related to revenue and constituents.
- Provide operational support to development projects including list reviews, reporting, and receipting.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Must be comfortable with shifting roles and responsibilities – someone who does what it takes to get the job done.
- Strong analytical mindset. Interested in how data supports efficiencies and automating oneself out of a job.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with an ability to communicate confidently and with empathy, both within the Foundation and externally.
- Extremely organized and able to think big picture while maintaining excellent attention to detail.
- At home in a team environment, possessing a collaborative, interactive work style with an eagerness to learn from more experienced team members.
- A self-starting mentality with sound judgment and an ability to anticipate needs without explicit direction.
- A commitment to civility, customer service, entrepreneurial thinking and work ethic.
- A positive, “yes and…” mentality is a must.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills.
- Familiarity with Salesforce CRM software or equivalent software, a strong plus.
- Familiarity with DOMO a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 0-2 years’ relevant experience.
At The Michael J. Fox Foundation (MJFF), the health and safety of our team and our community is a priority. MJFF has made the decision to require all staff receive the COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment. Successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated by date of hire and proof of vaccine is required. Full vaccination is defined as two weeks after both doses of two-dose vaccine or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, because of medical or religious reasons, can request a reasonable accommodation for consideration.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter describing their specific qualifications and interest in the position. Applicants who best match the position's needs will be contacted.
MJFF is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage applications from individuals who will contribute to our efforts to build and support a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce. Diversity may refer to characteristics including, but not limited to, race, religion, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, socioeconomic circumstance, geographic background, ability and disability, political ideology and age.