The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research (MJFF) was founded in 2000 with one clear objective: accelerating meaningful therapeutic advances and, ultimately, a cure for Parkinson’s disease (PD). The Foundation applies extraordinary scientific, business and media assets to this singular focus — thus creating a unique and dynamic organization. Since inception, MJFF has quickly grown into the largest global funder of Parkinson’s disease research outside the U. S. federal government, having funded over $800 million in research projects in both academic and industry labs worldwide.
Core to our philosophy is how we think of our capital and its risk profile relative to other stakeholders in the drug development pipeline. We work aggressively to de-risk various therapeutic strategies and tools in the hopes of building a robust pipeline of new treatments for patients. In order to achieve our mission of finding a cure for PD it is critical that we engage with, and bring together, members of the PD community including researchers, physicians, health professionals and most important, people with Parkinson's and their families. We believe that raising the Foundation’s profile with a broader audience will help us more efficiently reach and mobilize highly engaged stakeholders who are more likely to feel personally vested in helping speed progress toward a cure.
We believe that to find a cure for PD as quickly as possible, our capital needs to push research forward today — we therefore deliberately have no endowment. We instead start our fundraising from zero each year and seek to deploy funds raised as quickly and wisely as possible. MJFF raises over $90 million annually. Today, the Foundation has approximately 145 full-time employees who are based in New York City.
The Marketing Associate is a full-time employee of The Michael J. Fox Foundation and reports to the Senior Associate Director of Marketing. This individual plays a key role in helping the Foundation acquire, engage and retain our audience. This function includes but is not limited to the following: developing social strategies to help meet Marketing goals, executing and optimizing campaigns, managing related budgets, proactively advising team of progress, reporting and sharing insights across stakeholder teams and more.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acquire, engage and retain audiences across all Foundation social platforms
- Develop and disseminate content on social accounts to meet audience growth and engagement goals
- Make proactive, informed recommendations to optimize Marketing campaigns
- Monitor owned social media channels, external forums and online news to inform content development strategy and manage brand
- Create monthly social listening reports to help senior management identify business needs and opportunities
- Proactively create new reports based business goals and needs
- Work with digital designer to create and optimize channel-specific assets for Marketing and stakeholder campaigns
- Create tracking links and streamline tracking processes to measure Marketing and stakeholder campaign success
- Own and manage cross-functional projects, including building timelines, coordinating meetings, following up to ensure tasks are complete and reporting progress across stakeholders
- Identify and evaluate other digital or social media opportunities to drive Foundation goals
Skills, Experience, and Education
- Candidates should have 2-3 years of professional experience in digital/social media marketing, content engagement and audience development
- Superlative, professional communication skills, excellent attention to detail, solution-oriented
- Demonstrated interest for social media platforms and emerging technology
- Experience with Salesforce a plus, as well as fluency in various social media management and analytics tools
- Willing and able to adjust to changing demands and shifting priorities
- Multi-tasker in a fast-paced environment
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit a resume, up to two relevant writing samples, and a thoughtful cover letter describing their specific qualifications and interest in the position. Submissions without cover letters will not be considered. Please, no telephone inquiries and do not contact our staff directly. Only applicants who best match the position needs will be contacted.
The Michael J. Fox Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.