April is Parkinson's Awareness Month, and Team Fox is challenging its community of new and returning members to collectively fundraise $1 million to help make April a million dollar month! As always, 100 percent of Team Fox proceeds go directly to high-impact programs to speed a cure for Parkinson's.
Our Team Fox teens and kids have proven that fundraising expertise can be present at any age. In fact, some of our top fundraisers are children under the age of 18, who creatively use their talents to make an impact. By engaging their diverse networks of friends at school, on athletic teams and in extra-curricular groups, young people have the ability to inspire change and make a tangible difference.
Here are some ideas designed to get teens and kids involved in fundraising this April and throughout the year:
- Field Day - Recruit teammates from your school's athletics and host a field day at a local park or recreation field. Plan a series of games and ask a flat donation for each person who participates or for each event you host. Some ideas include a water balloon toss, potato sack race, three-legged race, tug-of-war and an egg balancing race. Offer prizes for winners and the most creative team costumes!
- Penny Wars - Offer an opportunity for friendly competition between homerooms or class grades by collecting spare change for Parkinson's research. The pennies collected equal one point while silver coins and paper money are equal to the negative equivalents of their worth. Offer weekly challenges or opportunities to "sabotage" the competition to keep the fun alive. The team with the most points at the end wins!
- Bake/Food Competition - Instead of the average bake sale, host a bake-off or cook-off competition. Ask friends and family to sign up and bring their best culinary creations for a chance to win the title. A family dining room, a school cafeteria or a church hall are ideal venues. You can fundraise by selling tickets, asking for donations at the door or auctioning off the winning recipe (or all of the above).
- Car Wash - With the weather warming up, gather your friends and host a car wash at a local parking lot or driveway. You can pre-sale tickets, post ads around town and create signs for event day. With a bucket of water, suds and a little elbow grease, you can detail a car and also make an impact.
- Dance-A-Thon - This is the perfect fundraiser to host at a school gym or local community center and can last just a few hours or all night! Participants can dance continually or the event can include fun breaks like a live auction, raffle, or performances from school groups. The main entertainment is the music, so a DJ or Ipod loaded with a variety of music will keep everyone dancing all night long!
There's no better time to join Team Fox and engage your friends, family and community in unique ways! Make a commitment to Team Fox, and help make April a million dollar month to end Parkinson's disease.