The Michael J. Fox Foundation (MJFF) seeks to support research projects through six Requests for Applications (RFAs). The RFAs include support for data analysis, publishing results from previous replication studies, target validation, biomarker development including a special program for PET tracers, and preclinical and clinical therapeutic development in Parkinson’s and related diseases. These programs are open to researchers in non- and for-profit organizations both within and outside the United States.
- Accelerating Publication of Parkinson’s Disease Replication Data: In partnership with the Journal of Parkinson’s Disease, the program supports the publication of results from experiments that attempted to replicate previously published findings from other laboratories.
- Analysis of Patient-Reported Outcomes from Fox Insight: Funds analyses of the patient-reported outcomes (PROs) and genetic data collected through the Fox Insight study.
- Development and Validation of Improved Outcome Measures: Funds the development of biomarkers that can improve definitive diagnosis, objectively track the progression of disease, enrich for subject populations, or more precisely detect treatment response or target engagement.
- PIPETTE: 4R Tau and Alpha-Synuclein PET Tracer Development: Funds the development of novel PET tracers for tau and alpha-synuclein through a partnership with the Rainwater Charitable Foundation.
- Target Advancement Program: Funds research to validate targets and define pathways implicated in Parkinson’s pathological processes and/or symptomology.
- Therapeutic Pipeline Program: Funds novel or repositioned, pre-clinical and clinical therapeutic intervention development for Parkinson’s. Specific interest in (1) developing therapeutics for non-motor symptoms and (2) telehealth-based therapeutic interventions.
To learn more about MJFF’s funding strategy, these RFAs, and the application and review processes, attend our webinar at noon ET on September 3, 2020. (There is a special webinar for the PIPETTE RFA on September 2, at 12 p.m.) You can also visit the Funding Opportunities page to learn more. Deadline for submission of pre-proposals is October 22, 2020.
The Outcomes Measures, Target Advancement and Therapeutic Pipeline programs are Edmond J. Safra Core Programs for PD Research.