Are you attending Neuroscience 2018, the annual meeting of the Society for Neuroscience, this weekend in San Diego? Staff and funded investigators from The Michael J. Fox Foundation will be presenting posters and symposia throughout the conference. And you can visit us every day at Booth #4216 in the exhibit hall to learn about our funding opportunities and other resources available to advance your research.
- Wednesday, November 7, 9:00 a.m., Poster 655.06: The Michael J. Fox Foundation's strategy to generate, characterize, and distribute preclinical antibody tools for investigating Rab molecular biology. N. POLINSKI*; T. N. MARTINEZ; M. CHOU; D. R. ALESSI; P. DAVIES; P. LIS; M. MUQIT; P. TAYLOR; C. HABER; S. PADMANABHAN; M. BAPTISTA; K. D. DAVE.
- Wednesday, November 7, 1:00 p.m., Poster 755.21: Assessment of the anti-parkinsonian effects of the potent and selective LRRK2 kinase inhibitor PF-360 in the AAV-A53T mouse model of Parkinson's disease. R. HODGSON; T. PARKKARI; T. MARTINEZ; M. J. FELL; D. BRYCE; T. HEIKKINEN; T. BRAGGE*; L. TÄHTIVAARA; M. TAAVITSAINEN; J. B. KOPRICH; T. LANZ; M. A. BAPTISTA.
- Wednesday, November 7, 4:00 p.m., Poster 755.20: Chronic treatment of LRRK2 inhibitors in diet produces an effect in the lung. R. HODGSON; T. PARKKARI*; T. N. MARTINEZ; M. J. FELL; D. BRYCE; T. HEIKKINEN; J. BAILY; A. BRADLEY; J. RYTKÖ-NEN; M. TAAVITSAINEN; J. B. KOPRICH; T. LANZ; M. A. BAPTISTA.
Many conference sessions include a focus on Parkinson's disease research, with the majority of these listed under "Theme C: Neurodegenerative Disorders and Injury" and "Theme E: Motor Systems." Highlights, which include several MJFF-funded investigators, follow.
- Sunday, November 4, 1:00 pm Nanosymposium 189: LRRK2 Mechanisms, Targets, and Pathways. Multiple sessions.
- Sunday, November 4, 2:45 pm Nanosymposium 194.08: Analysis of cerebrospinal fluid by data independent acquisition mass spectrometry reveals biomarkers specific for Parkinson's disease. M. ROTUNNO*; M. LANE; P. WOLF; W. ZHANG; P. OLIVA; C. SCHERZER; R. ALCALAY; K. ZHANG; L. SHIHABUDDIN; P. SARDI.
- Monday, November 5, 8:00 a.m., Nanosymposium 268.09.06: Targeting the eotaxin/CCR3 pathway in aging-associated cognitive decline *S. S. MINAMI, S. REGE, H. HACKBART, E. CZIRR, S. P. BRAITHWAITE.
- Tuesday, November 6, 8:15 a.m. Nanosymposium 447.02: A human iPSC-based model of early onset sporadic Parkinson's disease. A. LAPERLE*; S. SANCES; N. YUCER; V. DARDOV; R. HO; A. FULTON; Z. SHU; D. HERNANDEZ; A. B. SINGLETON; N. T. MAIDMENT; J. VAN EYK; M. TAGLIATI; C. N. SVENDSEN.
- Wednesday, November 7, 8:00 a.m. Poster 656: Parkinson's Disease: Therapeutic Strategies: Clinical Trials. Multiple posters.