The Michael J. Fox Foundation (MJFF) is monitoring and responding to the unprecedented COVID-19 situation as it evolves. In this dedicated hub you will find information and resources from MJFF to support the worldwide Parkinson’s community through this challenging time.
Webinars: Live and On Demand
- March 19: Information on Coronavirus for the Parkinson’s Community
Panelists discussed how the Parkinson's care and research community is responding to coronavirus and actions patients and their loved ones can take.
Watch on demand or listen to the podcast.
- April 16: Living in the Moment When the Moment is Unprecedented
Experts discussed strategies, including mindfulness and meditation, to care for yourself and your loved ones while living with Parkinson’s in a time of uncertainty.
Watch on demand or listen to the podcast.
April 29: Getting Started with Fox Insight: An Important Online Study
Our host explained how you can get involved in MJFF's online clinical study, Fox Insight and shared a video with a step-by-step guide on how to navigate the study.
Watch on demand.
Listen to Our New Limited Series COVID-19 Podcast
Our limited series podcast, hosted by award-winning podcaster and MJFF Patient Council member Larry Gifford, will cover the latest Parkinson’s-relevant information on the COVID-19 pandemic. Episodes will cover care, research, staying active and more.
- Episode 1: The Pandemic and Your Parkinson's Care
In our first episode, we dive into practical tips for managing your Parkinson's during COVID-19. Listen to the podcast.
- Episode 2: The Pandemic and Parkinson's Research
In our second episode, we dive into the state of research during the pandemic and the Foundation's response. Listen to the podcast.
- Episode 3: Finding Positivity with Parkinson’s in a Pandemic
In our third episode, we break down the importance of keeping a healthy mind and body after a Parkinson’s diagnosis and especially during COVID-19. Listen to the podcast.
- Episode 4: Keeping Connected during the Pandemic When You Have Parkinson’s
In our fourth episode, we explore ways to stay connected with your community, loved ones and yourself while living with Parkinson’s in a time of uncertainty. Listen to the podcast.
Parkinson's IQ + You Virtual
We are transforming sessions from our popular Parkinson’s IQ + You educational events into online sessions. Parkinson's IQ + You events are brought to you by ACADIA Pharmaceuticals, with support provided by Voyager Therapeutics and additional members of the Parkinson's Disease Education Consortium, an alliance of biotechnology and pharmaceutical firms who support The Michael J. Fox Foundation’s commitment to furnishing high-quality education resources for the Parkinson's community.
- April 22: The Doctor Will See You Now...Virtually
Experts discussed telemedicine — which is on the rise during the coronavirus pandemic — and how it can work for Parkinson’s. We talked with a patient and care partner about how to make the most of a virtual visit with a doctor, and answered questions from the audience. Watch our event on demand.
Ask the MD
Movement Disorder Specialist and MJFF's Vice President of Medical Communications Rachel Dolhun, MD offers insights and practical tips on topics related to coronavirus and Parkinson's disease.
- Ask the MD: Coronavirus and Parkinson's
- Ask the MD: Staying Active
- Ask the MD: Easing Mood Changes and Isolation
- Ask the MD: Living with Parkinson's Amid the Coronavirus Pandemic
- Ask the MD: Smell Loss in Coronavirus and Parkinson's Disease
- Ask the MD: What We Know and Don't Yet Know
- Ask the MD: Making the Most Out of Your Telemedicine Doctor Visit
- Ask the MD: Working from Home with Parkinson's
- Ask the MD: Getting Back to Pre-COVID Life
Join Us on Social
- While we can't be together in person, our global Parkinson's community is coming together at home. Browse educational content on our website and follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for more updates, resources and ways to share with us how you and your family are managing this unprecedented time. Your responses could be featured in our weekly #TogetheratHome social campaign.
Like organizations worldwide, we have postponed all public events until further notice. Averting large gatherings is not only our civic responsibility to help curtail the spread of the coronavirus, but is especially important given the potential increased risk to our audience given older age and health issues that can come with living with Parkinson’s. We will always update registered attendees of any changes to a specific event.
- Visit our virtual events hub to see how our grassroots community is staying connected.
Many Foundation grantees are informing us of changes at their home institutions as resources and policies flex to meet the current public health crisis. Our commitment to these researchers, and to you, is to keep critical Parkinson’s research moving forward with as little disruption as possible by being flexible and responsive to their needs as the situation evolves.
Our staff continues to work with urgency and determination to move our programs forward and we are confident that progress in Parkinson’s research will continue. As always, thank you for your support.